Pages

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Haley Salomon's Memorial Service


By Bixyl Shuftan

On Sunday May 7 at 3PM, there was a memorial service for Haley Salomon. Information about her was hard to come by, a couple articles around 2008, notably one from Second Edition that dubbed her "The Princess of Green" as she had a love of green clothes and lived in a green castle. I was later told she was one of the founding members of the Relay for Life's Relay Wizards for Spunky team, an avid Tiny Empires player, a regular at Lauren Live and a close friend of the comedian, a big Star Trek fan who had a replica of the starship bridge, "In real life she was a casting agent and had a masters degree in theater."

While she had stayed out of the limelight, obviously she continued to make and maintain friendships. There were a number of people present, such as Tiny Empires creator Ultralite Soleil, Any1 Gynoid, Lauren Weyland, Holocluck Henly, Crap Mariner, Explorer Dastardly, and DrFran Babcock, who informed the Newser of the memorial service. There were a few pictures up of the lady in green.

Much of the service was done in Voice, so not all of it could be made into notes. While there was sadness in the air, "There is love, we have for each other," there was still an effort at humor, "First class shopper." "Yeah again someone who isn't mute with noise in their place." "Please turn off cellphones." Lauren was elbowed, "Tell a joke!" Someone responded, "I don't have to tell a joke, I AM a joke."

Someone noticed a "Team Fox" kiosk around, and was told it was for the Creations for Parkinsons group and fundraiser.DrFran Babcock was the first to speak, "Haley met her husband Sam in Boston. She gave up her career for him, although he was older than she. His world got smaller, and she stayed with him, shepherding his career. She had a Master's Degree in theater. She was a private person. "I loved her," says Orchid. I wish there was more we could do. I want to think about Haley."

Magnus Broday was next, "I should like to say something," and made a speech in voice. Someone passed around a Kaddish HUD. There was a poem read. They talked about Haley being a regular at the Lauren Live comedy show, "I would be very mean to anyone who sat in Haley's seat (laughter)," Any1 told the group, "Haley was very shocked at how aggressive I was about her territory." Buttermilk Panacek commented, "She took me to that (laughter)." Any1 went on, "Haley believed she could talk sense to anyone... I was ready to get violent with (laughter)."

White Queen (queen.bluestar) had the following poem:

Second life friendships are an ever changing stream of loves. Love
for your best girl friend….. love for your queendom and for your partner.
love for your relay team ,for your many many best friends.
the . loss…… is like a empty stage with the scenery
still there. …… as friends fall in love …..get married .
AS REAL LIFE RAMPS UP
in good and bad ways …….
they fade away and my second life is
never the same
I AM happy for them but will miss them always
.this is dedicated to the ones that stay ..they are the jewels in my
CROWN

Thank you for sharing that Queen," spoke Orchid Jameson. Several other people also complemented her. "Hounoured she asked me to read them on voice," she answered.

RandyAllways commented, "I would like to say something................ Energy can not be created or destroyed as an electronic Avatar, Haley will go on forever. Passing thru distant galaxies, Forever." Holocluck Henly commented, "The Kadish is a reminder of The Lord that he has his greater plan. And to remember and respect. There is no actual mention of death or mourning." Explorer (explorer.dastardly) commented, "It's the renewal of life." Any1 was in tears, "I am crying hard now." She described herself as having a broken heart.

Shmoo Snook commented, "I would just like to say that I'm not the most agreeable person, but the only thing I ever disagreed with Haley about was ABBA." Ivy Lane commented, "We do not have rez rights here so if anyone wants the folder with the heart or any of the frames with all her photos in them feel free to IM Phil or I." Queen responded, "Of course NOW I am still going to send her links to green hair and green skirts and tops...because I always am on the lookout for good one's as I whisk round the store" Ivy continued,

"Haley was always there. It's hard to think of her not there (sad)." DrFran added, "Haley was beloved." Lauren commented, "She traded in her Mesh skin for a Mesh soul." RandyAllways added, "Second Life as an eletronic medium makes all our Avatars immortal."

Phil Metalhead commented, "I don't have a whole lot to say, but I can say that in my 14 years here in Second Life, there has never been anyone like Haley, and I don't think there ever will be. She was a wonderful friend, and always positive and helpful." Lauren responded, "Hey.....all of Haley friends are like 'no one else'." ArminaX Saiman (arminasx.saiman) spoke, "I will certainly miss her a lot. I liked to make her laugh as often as I could, but in the past while that’s been challenging. We always had ridiculous long discussions had about things important and not, but I will always remember the laughs. That’s what I will remember the most, like if ufo's do exist."

Quarlo Quandry spoke of a Tiny Empires moment, "I can only speak for my own self -- but last time I got offered to change to someone else in TE, they offered me 20 million gold -- I turned them down -- as long as there is Green, I am in it and none other." Explorer commented, "tears we shed are golden tears of love, for every tear we shed the loved one feel the love."

Ultralite Soleil told everyone, "When I first met Haley I thought she was Shawna's little sister or something. Always together they were. I always liked to see Haley and I will miss her. Rest assured she will remain in Tiny Empires just as she is now, whether her avatar and land still exists or not."

DrFran agreed to do the Kaddish., speaking the following, "Yitgadal V'yitkadash Sh'mei Rabbah (Amen). [May His great Name grow exalted and sanctified] B'alma De'v'ra Ch'reutei Vayamlich Malchutei. [in the world He created as He willed, May He give reign to His kingship] B'chayeichon Uv'yomeichon Uv'chayei d'Chol Beit Yisrael. [In your lifetimes and in your days, and in the lifetimes of the whole House of Israel] B'agala Uv'zman Kariv V'imru Amen (Amen) [Swiftly and soon, and say Amen] Y'hei Sh'mei Rabbah M'vorach L'olam Ul'olmei Olmaya. [May His great Name be blessed forever and ever] Yitbarach V'yishtabach V'yitpa'ar V'yitnasei. [Blessed, praised, glorified, exalted, extolled] V'yit'hadar V'yit'alleh V'yit'hallal Sh'mei D'Kudsha Brich Hu (Amen). [Mighty, upraised, and lauded be the Name of the Holy One Blessed be He] L'eileh Min Kol Birchata V'shirata. [Beyond any blessing and song] Tushb'chata V'nechemata D'amiran B'olma V'imru Amen (Amen). [Praise and consolation that are uttered in the world, and say Amen] Y'hei Sh'lama Rabba Min Sh'maya V'chayyim Tovim.  [May there be abundant peace from Heaven and good life] Aleinu V'al Kol Yisrael V'imru Amen (Amen). [Upon us and upon all Israel, and say Amen] Oseh Shalom Be'm'romav, Hu Ya'aseh Shalom. [He Who makes peace in His heavens, may He make peace] Aleinu V'al Kol Yisrael V'imru Amen (Amen). [Upon us and upon all Israel, and say Amen]

Shmoo commented, "As we say in Yiddish, oif simchahs. May we gather for happy occasions." Explorer responded, "To life Haley, forever in my heart. Amen shmoo, only joys." Anh Lycia added, "She was always the fiercest fighter in your corner, no matter what." Hacker Jannings stated, "She was my oldest friend in SL - I will miss her greatly." Xo (xochitl.ninetails) spoke, "Adios amiga Haley." RandyAllways added, "Aloha, Till we meet again."

Holocluck gave the lyrics of a song.

I have a dream, a song to sing
To help me cope with anything
If you see the wonder of a fairy tale
You can take the future even if you fail
I believe in angels
Something good in everything I see
I believe in angels
When I know the time is right for me
I'll cross the stream, I have a dream

I have a dream, a fantasy
To help me through reality
And my destination makes it worth the while
Pushing through the darkness still another mile
I believe in angels
Something good in everything I see
I believe in angels
When I know the time is right for me
I'll cross the stream, I have a dream
I'll cross the stream, I have a dream

I have a dream, a song to sing
To help me cope with anything
If you see the wonder of a fairy tale
You can take the future even if you fail
I believe in angels
Something good in everything I see
I believe in angels
When I know the time is right for me
I'll cross the stream, I have a dream
I'll cross the stream, I have a dream

Ivy Lane also had this to say, "I had a bad relationship, who hasn't had one of those in SL? Haley listened to me cry, never once did she criticise me but constantly she told me that I was not happy , that life should not be this way that I could find happiness if I learn to seek out things that made me smile and laugh, becuase of her consistant sweet gentle support I left that man, and met the love of my life and every day I laugh and smile at least one time or more and Phil and I share the friendship of Haley. ... Brick and Blue: Family may not like each other. But, they teach us how to love deeply. Haley knew how to teach people to love. She was loved by many, many people - even the ones that did not necessarily like her, they loved her nonetheless."

After this, people began leaving, "Time to crash a Relay event." "Good night everyone - thank you for a beautiful memorial." "Good night everyone. It is wonderful to know that HALEY touched so many lives all over SL." "She touched all of us and more, many are gone and not even in world anymore we contacted some people from the early days that we know in FL." "I have been blessed to meet so many great people from here in FL, I went to the SLCC a few times, I drove to Missouri to meet Bob, I met Phil and Sallyanned in Cali, would have met Haley....... but she said no (sad)." Some asked how to get to her land, then were told her castle would be up a little longer.

And so, the friends of one departed resident had given their goodbyes.

Special thanks to DrFran Babcock

Bixyl Shuftan

2 comments:

  1. If you would like an alternative to casually approaching girls and trying to find out the right thing to say...

    If you would prefer to have women chase YOU, instead of spending your nights prowling around in noisy bars and restaurants...

    Then I urge you to watch this eye-opening video to find out a amazing little secret that might get you your very own harem of hot women just 24 hours from now:

    FACEBOOK SEDUCTION SYSTEM...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missing Haley today. One of the best friends I have ever had. I'm hoping she knows how much she is missed.

    ReplyDelete